Centre for Knowledge Sovereignty (CKS) is a decade old independent, non-partisan, public-policy think tank that works to ensure knowledge sovereignty, security and sustainability in India, with a focus on the sphere of technology and its associated spaces.
Centre for Knowledge Sovereignty aims to highlight India as a leader in policy making and be a key influencer in the area of disruptive technologies.
The organisation engages in research and policy consulting in a broad range of fields but focuses on technology and its related areas. In the current era, technology has penetrated all sectors and sections of society, and hence Centre for Knowledge Sovereignty also stretches its purview across all domains.
The major areas of research that CKS ventures into are:
- Data Sovereignty;
- Data Privacy and Protection;
- Geospatial Technology and Sovereignty;
- Cyber Warfare;
- Critical Infrastructure Protection;
- Disruptive Technologies – Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, 3D Analytics, Drone Technology, etc;
- Trade Agreements;
- Sustainable Energy and Environment.
The aim of CKS is to impact these focus areas with:
- Political and Strategic insight into major threats and risks to our society;
- Driving change and policy initiatives to fuel growth of the economy;
- Bringing together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors to common plaƞorms;
- Enable the Indian human capital via encouraging research, innovation and applicaytion in a sovereign manner.
- Encourage Make in India and indigenous research and technology
Lt. Gen Dr. D. B. Shekatkar, PVSM, AVSM, VSM (Retd)
Centre for Knowledge Sovereignty
Lt. Gen Dr. D. B. Shekatkar, PVSM, AVSM, VSM (Retd)Chairman
Lt. Gen V. M. Patil, AVSM, PVSM (Retd.)Vice Chairman
Shri Vinit GoenkaSecretary
Uma SudhindraJoint Secretary
Air Vice Marshal Pranay Kumar Hridayesh Sinha, VSM (Retd)Member
Bhola Nath Sharma IG(Retd), BSFMember
Paras K Ghelani
Dr. Munesh Trivedi
Speakers at CKS Events
- Nitin Gadkari- Hon'ble Minister of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways, Government of India
- Prakash Javadekar- Hon'ble Minister of HRD, Government of India
- Suresh Prabhu- Hon'ble Minister of Railways
- Shri Anant kumar Hegde- Hon'ble Member of Parliament Lok Sabha, Former Union Minister of State for Skill Development and
Entrepreneurship and currently on Standing Committee on Science & Technology, Environment & Forests of
- Raksha Khadse- Hon'ble Member of Lok of Sabha, Maharashtra
- Shri Prem Das Rai- Hon'ble Minister Lok Sabha, Sikkim
- Tarun Vijay- Former Member of Rajya Sabha
- Governor (Captain) Shekhar Dutt- Former Governor Chaƫsgarh
- Judy R. Reinke- Minister Counselor for Commercial Affairs, U.S. Embassy
- Mary Tarnowka- Deputy Economic Minister- Counselor, U.S.Embassy
- Fmr Dy NSA Dr. S. D. Pradhan- Former Dy. NSA and Chairman, Joint Intelligence Committee Government of India
- Lieutenant General Vinod Bhatia (Retd) PVSM, AVSM, SM (Retd), Centre for Joint Warfare Studies, Director and Former DGMO
- Lieutenant General Vinod Khandare AVSM, SM, Director General, Defence Intelligence Agency
- Lieutenant General Rajesh Pant (Retd)- Chief of National Cyber Coordination Centre (NCCC)
- Lieutenant General Girish Kumar VSM- Surveyor General of India
- Lieutenant General Ajay Chandele (Retd) ,PVSM, AVSM- National Geospatial Think Tank Member
- Major General Dhruv Katoch (Retd) SM, VSM- Former Director Centre for Land Warfare Studies
- Air Vice-Marshall Pranay Sinha (Retd), VSM- Advisor, Central Research Laboratory – Bharat Electronics Limited
- Rear Admiral S. Y. Shrikhande (Retd) AVSM, Indian Navy
- Avadesh Mathur- Former Secretary, Cabinet Secretariat of the Government of India
- IPS Amitabh Mathur- Former Head Aviation Research Centre, R&AW
- Jayadeva Ranade- Former Additional Secretary in Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India, R&AW.
- Inspector General Bhola Nath Sharma (Retd)- Former Inspector General Border Security Force
- Brigadier Rajeev Bhutani– CENJOWS
- Brigadier Pradeep Arora- Chairman, Joint Intelligence Committee
- Brigadier Manjeet Singh- HQ IDS, DACIDS (DIARA)
- Colonel Y. S. Pathania- Secretary, Center for Joint Warfare Studies.
- Colonel Aman Anand- Spokesperson, Ministry of Defence
- Commander L R Prakash (Retd)- Director, Centre for Development of Advance Computing
- Group Captain Guruhari- IAF (aŌer Infowar)
- Lieutenant Colonel Milan Patnaik
- IPS Inderbir Singh- Punjab Police
- IPS Triveni Singh- Uttar Pradesh Police
- IPS Brijesh Singh- Inspector General of Police, Cyber at Government of Maharashtra
- IPS Ajay Yadav- Inspector General, Communications and IT, Central Reserve Police Force
- IPS Amresh Mishra- Superintendent of Police, National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Amit Sharma- Additional Director in the Office of the Scientific Advisor of Defence Minister, Defence Research and
Development Organization (D.R.D.O), Ministry of Defence
- Mr R Chandrashekhar- Senior Fellow, CENJOWS
- Atul Tripathi- Consultant, National Security Council Secretariat
- A.S. Kiran Kumar- Former Chairman, ISRO
- Sanjay Jaju IAS- Joint Secretary, Director (Admin and Finance), NHIDCL
- Dr K J Ramesh- Former Director General, India Meteorological Department, National Geospatial Think Tank Member
- A. K. Manocha- CMD, IRCTC
- Sudhir Kumar Marwaha- Director DeiTY
- Surendra Nath Tripathi- Additional Secretary & Development Commissioner, MSME Ministry
- Vatsala Joshi Pande- OSD ( Research) to Hon'ble Speaker, Lok Sabha
- Atul Kumar- Chief General Manager, National Highways Authority of India
- Dr Haresh Bhatt- Chairman, Information and Cyber Security Board & Mission Director, Information and Cyber Security, Space Applications Centre, ISRO.
- Navin Mittal (IAS)- Commissioner, Collegiate Education & Technical Education, Government of Telangana
- Dr Sunil Gupta- Economic Research Unit, Joint Plant Committee, Ministry of Steel
- Shri Mukesh Nigam- Managing Director, Centre For Railway Information Systems, Ministry of Railway
- Dr Sanjaya Das- Former Managing Director, Centre For Railway Information Systems, Ministry of Railway, Government of India.
- Mr Vijay Devnath- General Manager (Infrastructure & Security), Chief Information Security Officer - Centre For Railway Information Systems, Government of India.
- Mr Ashutosh Vasant- Director (Project Operation and Maintenance) of RailTel, Government of India.
- Shri A K Agarwal- Chief Administrative Officer, Central Organization for Modernization of Workshops, COFMOW, Ministry of Railway, Government of India.
- Dr Janmejay Thakur- Scientist, Intellectual Property and Know-How Informatics, National Informatics
- Dr Santulan Chaubey- Department of Information Technology, Government of Delhi.
- Savita Kakar- Scientist, DRDO
- Kaustubh Dhavse- OSD to Chief Minister, Maharashtra
- Hemant Goswami- Indian Social Activist, Chairman, Bharat Niti
- Shri Dattatreya Hosable- Joint General Secretary, RSS
- Advocate Vikrant Khandelwal- Zonal Organisation Secretary, ABVP
- Prof Dr. Sharad Sinha- Head, RMSA Project Cell, NCERT
- Chandam Chowdhary- Associate Dean, ISB
- Sadish Poonia- BJP Leader, Rajasthan
- Dr Sanjay Sharma- Dean -School of ICT, Gautam Buddha University
- Dr Faruk Kazi- Dean- Research, Development and Consultancy at Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Core Advisory Committee Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State
- Dr Vijay Kumar Kaul- Professor, Department of Business Economics, Delhi University
- Dr Munesh Trivedi- Professor, Department of CSE, National Institute of Technology
- Dr Pradeep Tomar- Professor, School of Information & Communication Technology, Gautam Buddha University
- Dr Sandhya Tarar- Professor, School of Information & Communication Technology, Gautam Buddha University
- Dr Deepak Upadhyay- Professor, Cyber Expert, Gujarat Technological University
- Dr Aroon Sharma- Professor, Rural Development, Industrial Eco./Econometrics. Jammu University
- Mr Rishabh Gulati- Managing Editor, NewsX
- Ms Faye D'souza- Journalist and Editor Mirror Now
- Mr Ajit Sinha- Editor, Governance Today